American Bar Association (ABA) is considering which law blogs will make the 8th Annual Blawg 100. While I cannot submit my own blog www.mexicanlawblog.com , I am allowed to encourage readers and followers to submit my nomination.
Friend-of-the-blawg briefs are due no later than 5 p.m. ET on Friday, Aug. 8, 2014 here http://www.abajournal.com/blawgs/blawg100_submit/
About Blawg 100 Amici
Bloggers, by all means tell your readers about Blawg 100 Amici and invite them to send us messages on behalf of your blog.
But please know that we frown on amici from:
– Bloggers who nominate their own blogs or nominate blogs to which they have previously contributed posts.
– Public relations professionals in the employ of lawyers or law firms who nominate their clients’ blogs.
There is no specific criteria that a blogger can meet to be guaranteed a spot on the Blawg 100. And we think our list would suffer if there were. A blog’s whole can be greater than the sum of its parts, and a blog that never fails to post that daily update, has a beautiful design and an unwavering topical focus can very often have less of an impact than another blog that is less consistent on all fronts.
That said, please keep these criteria in mind when submitting Blawg 100 amici:
– We’re primarily interested in blogs in which the author is recognizable as someone working in a legal field or studying law in the vast majority of his or her posts.
– The blog should offer insights into the practice of law and be of interest to legal professionals or law students.
– The majority of the blog’s content should be unique to the blog and not cross-posted or cut and pasted from other publications. The blog’s content should not be ghostwritten.
– We are not interested in blogs that more or less exist to promote the author’s products and services.
Submit nominations and read more details about submitting a Blawg Amici, or friend-of-the-blawg brief, here: